Just the day to day ramblings of our family...


Monday, March 12, 2012

Trixy's story...

Say hello to Trixy...


The story...


So after waiting weeks and walking outside every thirty seconts we came to the conclusion that Beau had found another home that fed him more food. ( BTW that is the story that I have to believe so please don't comment on the other options. K thanks.) I was still checking the loval shelter website in the hopes that he would show up there.


Well as you know there are always lots of kitties and doggies on the shelter websites. They all need homes. They are all usually really cute. So one day I decided to go up there and sign up to volunteer and possibly foster. I also wanted to see a kitty named Jasmine that was having some problems adjusting to see if I could help her. She was really an unhappy kitty and had to be released to the bridge then next day. After she bit a few people the shelter didn't really have any other option.


As I was leaving I was walking past the cages and saw this...





I have a soft spot for tabby kitties. My andy looked just like this... see...



This baby girl was named princess, the same thing Andy was named when I got her. She was 6 lbs and full grown, same as Andy. She had the same colors and furrs. So I asked to see her. Before I realized what I was doing I flipped her over onto her back and was holding her like a baby like I used to do with Andy. It took me months to get Beau to let me do this. Princess curled up and started purring and making biscuts, no freakout just instant comfort.



I know this sounds weird but it was almost like my Andy had come back to me. I had to have her. Later that day Joel came to the shelter with me to do the allergy test and fell in love with her too. We decided she was a Trixy and not a princess though. This girl loves to play!



So she came home with us that next Tuesday. She needed t be spayed and get all her vaccinations. She has a very pretty tummy... see...



She loves to play while I'm in the craft room

And she loves the cat perch


I'm sure you will hear lots more from miss Trixy. Be sure and check back for updates on this beautiful little girl!


p.s. miss Trixy is sporting Pink soft claws now thanks to her scratching habbit. Also she will never go utside. We will never have an outside kitty ever again.

1 comment: