Just the day to day ramblings of our family...

Friday, March 22, 2013

Oops... so much for coming back to blogging.

So in my last post  promised to come back to blogging. Enter in pregnancy complications and a newborn and that didn't happen.

But I'm going to try again.

Meet Beau Anthony Bennett...

Born January 22, 2013 at 3:34 pm. A week late.
8 lbs 14 oz and 21.25" long

A month before he was due I was put on partial bedrest because he tried to come at 35 weeks. A week before he was due I was put on full bedrest due to my blood presure. A week after he was due we evicted that little booger.

I'll make the birth story brief. We went in the night before and got all set up in a bed. We had to fill out all kinds of papers and they put in the Cytotec. I was against it at first but after being 41 weeks and making no progress despite having contractions for a full month my doctor really felt it was going to have to be something strong to get me going. He said I had until 7:00 pm the next day to get him out or they would do a c-section because of my blood pressure.

That night we settled in and I took the ambien. They chaecked me at 12:00, no progress, 3:00 am no progress, 6:00 am no progress. Not good.

Then the doctor came back in to talk. He was really worried about the no progress thing. It was then that he said it was almost like I had some scar tissue from a previous cryosurgery or leep procedure. I was confused because I had cryosurgery three years before. It was in my chart. He hadn't read it. GRRRR....

Once we figured that out he went in and tried to stretch me as far as he could to break up the scar tissue. Only to a 1, but it was something. Within two hours I was at a 2 with no pitocin and he broke my water. By now it is around 11:00.

They gave me something to help with the pain and it made me crash. Joel went to lunch with his mom and left my mom to watch me sleep. The doctor came in at noon to check on me and I was at a 3. He was happy and told me it would be great if I could wait another hour beofore getting the epidural. I fell back asleep but twenty minutes later I nearly came up off the bed with a VERY strong contraction. the nurse came right in after seeing the contraction on the monitor. She checked me and I was at a 4, in 20 minutes. So we called the miracle worker that is otherwise known as the anestesiologist. Within forty minutes I had the epidural. Those forty minutes I had six contractions that lasted four minutes each. They were terrible, worst pain I have ever felt.

After the epidural I fell back asleep and woke up an hour later complete. so from a 4 to a 10 in two hours. I guess the stretching he did that morning worked. the nurse had me push once to see how long pushing would take. After one push she told me to stop cause she could see his head. Joel immediately looked, even though he said he wouldn't and said, "he has so much hair". After that it was game on. the doctor came in and watched me push once to see how I would progress. He immediately told me to stop and they got dressed and got the room ready. They also called the baby nurse.

After three more pushes and one not needed episiotomy he came right on out. the first thing I remember the doctor saying was, "wow, look at those feet, this boy is going to be huge!". they put him on my chest and it was love at first sight!

Unfortunately he didn't cry much and they had to take him almost right away. they worked on him a little and get him to wimper a little but still no crying. Turns out he is just not a baby that cries much. they handed him to me to do some skin on skin and let him eat. We were all amazed when they announced the 8 lbs 14 oz. He was so much bigger than we expected. But he was really long and skinny.

This is him an hour after he was born. Cute little bug isn't he?

Anyway I got right up after and didn't have any problems. Joel was holding him and was sooooo happy to finally hold his son.

They took us to our room and we passed everyone on the way. They all got to see him for a minute before they took us to our room. After about thirty minutes we were settled and everyone came in to say hi.

It was probably the best experience of my life. We are so in love with this little guy and in truth can't wait for another. But we will.

Want some more pictures...

Daddy and his boy...

 Going home...

Meeting Boxen and Bella...

The famous feet, look at those long toes!

The cutest baby ever!

Not the best picture of me but I still love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment